Monday, May 11, 2009


Today and yesterday it has been raining quite a bit. Even though it is the start of the rainy season, this is more than usual, according to the locals. During breaks of sun the birds come out and even when it rains you can hear all different types of calls and songs. I saw a pair of blue Macaws and some gorgeous red birds. Yesterday I took advantage of the lovely spa at the Lost Iguana Resort with Balinese sculptures and hand carved lizard doors. I had the "rainy day special" which was a scrub with mango sugar and then a cocoon steam with a honey mask and killer massage. It took overs two hours and I was extremely relaxed. This morning I headed up the hill with Johnny Paloma, the resident naturalist and traversed 15 hanging bridges! At times the rain came down hard, but my poncho kept me and my camera dry. In the distance we heard loud Howler monkeys and close by heard the call of the elusive poison dart frog, which is red with blue legs, also called the "blue jean frog". Tonight I am hanging out with owner Elaine and assistant manager Johanna in the hot pool, even if it rains. Lost Iguana is a home away from home and I know I will be back. Did I mention the ranchero chicken soup with hot chiles and an egg on top?

No comments:

Post a Comment